Sharon Crossland AIRPM
Welcome to Leasehold Life. I’m Sharon Crossland AIRPM (Associate of the Institute of Residential Property Managers.
Leasehold Life is the only leasehold and PRS information site based on personal experience and extensive research. It initially started out as a simple diary blog but as my knowledge base expanded so did Leasehold Life!.
The first part of my years of dealing with leasehold issues begins here.
In addition to my own writings I consider myself extremely fortunate to be able to present articles contributed by a number of industry professionals along with summarised case-law updates, initially provided by Barrister Jonathan Upton of Tanfield Chambers and now provided periodically by Solicitor David Whitney of Painsmith Solicitors, with a profile of both contributors found here.
- Written various opinion pieces starting with News on the Block for their ‘From The Frontline’ series, articles which appeared alongside the writings of industry professionals such as Myra Bar-Hillel and Jane Barry of the Evening Standard;
- Interviewed by the Observer for their article ‘Managing to Overcome Rack and Ruin‘;
- Written for the bigpropertylist blog;
- Becoming an Affiliate of the Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) on the strength of my website then an Associate;
- Written for the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA) for their newsletter;
- Written for the Federation of Private Residents Association (FPRA) for their members newletters;
- Written for the National Landlords Association (NLA) blog;
- Written for website hipconsultant.co.uk: Landlord Licensing; How Much Longer Do We Wait?, Landlord Licensing: Why Residential Management Needs It; Managing Anti-Social Behaviour in Rented Property and Selling, Subletting? Tell the Managing Agent!
- Interviewed by Landlord & Tenant Solicitor Tessa Shepperson as part of her ‘Notable Property Persons’ series;
- Interviewed by News on the block as part of their ‘In Focus’ series;
- Quoted by property journalist Graham Norwood in his article ‘Send for the Peace Police’;
- Quoted by property journalist Doug Morrison in his article ‘Cowboy Agents and Landlords Back in the Firing Line’;
- Quoted by Sarah Pennels, personal finance journalist and broadcaster on her article ‘Living in a Leasehold Flat: What Can You Do About High Service Charges?‘
- Been a guest speaker at the 2013 ARMA Conference with my presentation turned into an article by Flat Living Magazine entitled ‘Lost In Translation?’
- Took part in a leasehold Q&A on Share Radio with Michell Banks CEO of ARMA (at the time) and Tony Essien, Chief Executive of LEASE.
Suzanne Wickes: Managing Director at Hera Management Services
“Sharon’s in-depth knowledge of leasehold and in particular leaseholders’ requirements was invaluable when we were designing Hera’s services. Sharon provided us with a comprehensive article and information about what leaseholders wanted from a managing agent (based on feedback to her site) that has been used as a “blueprint” for our services to which we always refer back. I would highly recommend Sharon and would work with her again at any opportunity”.
Bob Smytherman: Chairman of the Federation Of Private Residents Association
“Sharon works tirelessly in the interests of leaseholders and RTM Directors providing good, sound practical advice about the RTM process and the responsibilities faced by those becoming Directors. Sharon’s web-site Leasehold Life provides essential reading for anyone interested in the leasehold sector and is always very happy to add contributions from the FPRA for which we are most grateful “.
Chris Alexander: Solicitor at SA Law
David Whitney: Solicitor at Painsmith Solicitors
James Cooke: Director of Your Home Property Management
“I have known Sharon for several months now primarily through her web site and her lively and informative Twitter account. In the time I have known Sharon I have found her to be extremely knowledgeable and informed on housing and property matters, and generally positive, hard working, responsive, and enthusiastic. Sharon is committed to improving the lot of residents of all tenures and for that she should be commended”.
Katie Cohen: Partner at Child & Child Solicitors
“I first came across Leasehold Life through the Enfranchisement Group on linkedin and made contact with Sharon with a view to JPC Law contributing enfranchisement related articles to the site. I was impressed by Sharon from the start. Her passion for leaseholder’s rights was unrivalled and the content of her site is both interesting and informative” .
Roger Southam: Non-Executive Chairman at Lease Advisory Service