@lhlife
linkedin.com/in/sharon-crossland-airpm-bb24759/

The first thing we did in relation to our building was to commission a Building Condition Report/10 Year Maintenance plan. This was not only to show the condition of the building and to see exactly what we were up against, but to start planning the order of the works.

It’s executive summary stated the following, starting with the roof:

  1. The roof coverings were at the end of their useful working life:
  2. An internal inspection of our flat established that water leaked into the building during periods of rainfall;
  3. The roof deck felt soft underfoot;
  4. Through years of neglect it was likely that a substantial amount of timber replacement (decking and structural members) might be required in addition to the complete renewal of all roof coverings;
  5. The water tanks located on the roof were exposed to the elements leading to possible/probable contamination of tanked water supplies;
  6. Tank lids, housings and insulation were missing.

This is what the roof looked like before we started to repair it, cleaning it of moss, plant life and debris, and continuing the effecting of temporary repairs where we could as soon as we could.

This was the intermediate stage.

We also had the following repairs carried out to all the water tanks:

  1. The water damaged water tank houses were dismantled;
  2. The pipework was disconnected then re-connected;
  3. The rotting timber that supported the water tanks were replaced;
  4. The damaged stop cocks were replaced;
  5. The water tank houses were re-built then covered with a felt-covered wooden lid.

Later, when they had all been done, the water was disinfected with silver peroxide which breaks down into the water over a few hours.

This is our roof now!

 

Visitors Online

Visitors online – 147:
users – 1
guests – 119
bots – 27
The maximum number of visits was – 2017-03-31:
all visits – 5594:
users – 8
guests – 1537
bots – 4049
browser – Chrome 41.0.2272.96

%d bloggers like this: